Monday 15 August 2011

My mediocre return! Part 2.

Well, I may have been slightly ambitious when I refered to myself cooking a cake as "triumphant".

Day two of the cake preperation.... genache!

I knew when I embarked on this project I would be reminded of skills that time long forgot. That's why I started with this cake. It's not for a special occasion and no one is paying me for it, so I can make as many mistakes as I like. I was very liberal with the mistakes today...

This is wrong wrong wrong.

And that's only the half of it. My bottom tier is a mass of broken cake which I have glued together with lots and lots of genache. I didn't take a photo because I was too busy sticking it all together. But it's ok, I will invest in the appropriate tools to do a better job next time. We learn and grow, learn and grow!

Anyway, after much cutting and pasting I have 2 tiers which vaguely resemble actual cakes, and I'm enjoying my next job:


Tomorrow we'll see if it all comes together...

Katy.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment